What you’ll learn
- Build a beautiful, fully functional social network website where users can interact with each other
- Create a public or private online community
- Learn to easily host and launch a website powered by WordPress platform
- Work with WordPress and BuddyPress
- Configure different network site options
- Control any aspect of the network as the system administrator
- Create a social network which includes friendship connections, messaging system, groups, forums, photo, video sharing and more
- Basic computer knowledge. NO coding knowledge required
- Just not being afraid to try exciting things like creating your own online website!
An online community site is an incredible way for people with a similar interest to share their idea, encounters and stories with one another. This course will show you how to create a social network that would permit your individuals to create friendships, to send messages to one another, to share thoughts and situations with a site-wide activity stream, and many more. You don’t have to have any previous experience in WordPress as well as BuddyPress, which are the platforms we will use in this course.
What we will cover in this course:
- Website hosting – you will need one to get your site online
- WordPress installation
- Adding a WordPress theme
- Learn WordPress basics – content, menus, theme options, plugins, widgets
- BuddyPress installation and configuration
- Network components and how to work with them
Who is this course for?
- This course is for new and advanced WordPress users who want to start learning about WordPress communities
- No prior website building experience is needed
- Anyone who wants to build a platform where they can share thoughts, photos and videos and with a group of people