What you’ll learn in this free course
- Build a beautiful, fully functional social network on your website and your own domain powered by WordPress, BuddyPress and BuddyBuilder plugins.
- Users can interact with each other and includes friendship connections, messaging system, groups, forums, photo, video
- Create a public or private online community.
- Work with WordPress and BuddyPress.
- Configure different social network site options.
- Control any aspect of the network as the system administrator.
- You will also learn how to easily host your WordPress powered website so it can be accessible online.
- Basic computer knowledge. NO coding knowledge required
- Just not being afraid to try exciting things like creating your own online website!
An online community site is an incredible way for people with a similar interest to share their idea, encounters and stories with one another. This course will show you how to create a social network that would permit your members to create friendships, to send messages to one another, to share thoughts and situations with a site-wide activity stream, and many more.
Free products that we will use in this course(no previous experience is needed):
- WordPress – 41% of the web uses WordPress, the free content management system for any type of website.
- BuddyBuilder plugin- Total freedom to customize your BuddyPress community with modern templates ready to use. Build your BuddyPress pages using Elementor
- BuddyPress plugin- A WordPress add-on that allows you to build your own social network. Members can register on your site to create user profiles, have private conversations, make social connections, create and interact in groups, and much more.
- Elementor – Visual drag&drop page WordPress site builder
What we will cover in this course:
- Website hosting – learn how to quickly launch a website with ease.
- WordPress setup.
- Adding a WordPress theme.
- Learn WordPress basics – content, menus, theme options, plugins, widgets.
- BuddyPress installation and configuration.
- BuddyBuilder installation and setup.
- Network components and how to work with them.
Who is this course for?
- This course is for new and advanced WordPress users who want to start learning about WordPress communities
- No prior website building experience is needed
- Anyone who wants to build an online membership platform where they can share thoughts, photos and videos and with a group of people